Student Technical Experience Programme
Our Student Technical Experience Programme (STEP) lets you get out into the field and spend the summer at one of our operations or exploration sites. It’s a chance to discover what it really means to work in the mining industry.
We offer summer vacation work placements (8-12 weeks) to selected undergraduates studying geosciences or geology in European universities. Applications will only be considered from third and fourth year students.
Taking part in STEP can offer fantastic career opportunities and provides a unique insight into what it’s like working for one of the world’s leading mining companies.
Back to top
Here are just some of the ways you could benefit:
- Work on a real project in a real workplace
- Gain insight into the practical applications of your degree
- Spend two to three months working in a new environment
- Meet new people from our truly international workforce
- Experience a new culture, even learn a new language
- Increase your career prospects with valuable work experience for your CV
Learn more about the kind of people we’re looking for.
Read what other students have to say about their experiences on STEP.
Applications for 2015 STEP placements are now open. Apply here.