BE (Mining Engineering), 56
Chief Executive since April 2013.
Mark is a member of the Board and Group Management Committee (GMC), is a non-executive director of Anglo American Platinum and is the Chairman of De Beers.
Mark was previously CEO of AngloGold Ashanti Limited, a position he held since 2007. Before joining AngloGold Ashanti, Mark was COO at Vale Inco where he was responsible for Vale’s global nickel business. Prior to this he held senior executive positions with the Normandy Group, Sons of Gwalia, Western Mining Corporation, Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines and CRA (Rio Tinto).
Mark is currently a member of the following institutions:
- Kellogg Innovation Network (US) – International Advisory Committee
- International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM) – Chairman
- World Economic Forum – Member of Mining & Metals Steering Board and Governor, Mining and Metals Industry Programme
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Vale Columbia Centre on Sustainable International Investment
- Member of the Board of Advisors for the Graduate School of Business at the University of Cape Town
Mark graduated from Wollongong University, New South Wales, with a BSc in Engineering.